Thursday 13 September 2018

Self Introduction



11/9/18

Subject: Self introduction.



Dear Prof. Brad,

       I am Nicholas Chang Hou Yi. I am a first-year student from Singapore Institue of Technology doing my degree in Sustainable infrastructure Engineering (LAND).   I have graduated from Singapore Polytechnic in Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering along with the Certificate of Healthcare in the year 2016.  I had just completed my Full-Time National Service(NS) on 5th Sept 2018 which is on the last week.

      To be able to study in university is so far my biggest achievement in life as I was always refer to as a slow learner during my primary school years.  I came a long way though from Normal Technical Stream in Secondary School to ITE (Institute of Technical Education) and to Singapore Polytechnic. The journey was tough and challenging as I was not a very bright boy to start with.

      I am a very hardworking and friendly person.  I am very persevere and determine when I set a target to achieve. I enjoy being with friends and family members.  In my leisure time, I enjoy playing guitar.  I have participated in many concerts when I was studying in Polytechnic and recently played in my friend's wedding ceremony. 

     My strengths in doing this course is that I am quite good in doing Engineering subjects such as Mathematics and Computer Programming such as C++.  I am a very technical trained and hands-on student.


     My biggest weakness in this course of study is with Physics which I do not have a sound foundation.  I am also weak in  written language and spoken language as all my years I am expose to studying very technical subjects. I am working hard to overcome my weakness by reading, doing quizzes and learning from peers who are better in these areas.  I have also taken part time job as a waiter so that I could have more exposure and learn to communicate with people.          


        The main reason why I choose SIT is that it offers courses that equip students with specialized skills needed to current industry. I am particularly interested in the Integrated Work Study Programme (WSP) as we have a chance to apply what is being taught to integrate them to work at the same time. The programme also equip students with necessary knowledge and skills to be more employable in the job market.

       I am very grateful to the professors who had given me this opportunity to be part of the SIT family.  I will thrive my best and treasure my learning experience here.  


       I will race ahead to graduate with the degree in 4 years time. If you are interested to be my friend, you can email to me at nicholaschang@gmail.com or Linkedin.


Yours sincerely

Nicholas Chang  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nicholas,

    Thank you very much for this detailed reflection. I appreciate the scope of your description, and the way you reflect on who you are.

    You seem to have had a tough journey, but I can see that you have persevered.

    I'm interested to know what factors you attribute your success to. Also, what sort of music do you play on guitar?

    In terms of how to improve this post, I'd suggest you fix the issue with different font colors, and then also review your overuse of capital letters.

    I look forward to working with you this term.

    Regards,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete